Lamb Tikka Masala
6 to 8 Servings
Introducing our Lamb Tikka Masala spice blend, a harmonious fusion of traditional spices designed to recreate the magic of slow-cooked perfection at home. Immerse yourself in the exquisite flavors of tender lamb, expertly marinated and grilled, then simmered in a rich and aromatic masala sauce. Let our precise spice blend be the key to unlocking the authentic taste of this hearty dish in your kitchen.
- 2 to 2.5 lb of boneless lamb washed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp of any cooking oil
- Spicytude Tikka Masala Spice Mix (2 sachets)
- Spice Mix to marinate protein
- Spice Mix to cook onion and tomatoes
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- 2 tsp of ginger minced / crushed / paste
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 cups of finely chopped onion
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro to garnish
Pots and Pans
- 1 big pan to cook.
Step 1: Marinate and Saute lamb
- Wash lamb.
- Mix together yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste and sachet 1. Spice Mix to marinate protein.
- Pour marinade over the lamb, mix thoroughly and let marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the fridge if possible.
- Put two tablespoons of oil into a heated pan over medium flame and add lamb in batches to saute well. Cook lamb pieces for five minutes or until they are cooked on each side and set aside in a separate bowl.
Step 2: Cook Onion, Tomatoes and Lamb
- Add two tablespoons of oil to the same heated pan and saute onion. Once the onion is golden brown, add tomatoes, sugar and sachet 2. Spice Mix to cook onion and tomatoes. Once the tomatoes are cooked well, blend everything into a smooth paste.
- Put the blended tomatoes into the same heated pan and then add the sauteed lamb. Let cook for ten minutes on a medium flame, turn down the flame to low and add the cream, mixing well. Cook for another three minutes, turn off the stove and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with your choice of rice or naan or any other bread.