Spiced Basmati Rice
4 to 6 Servings
Transform ordinary meals into extraordinary culinary adventures with our Spiced Basmati Rice blend. Crafted to perfection, this spice blend enhances fragrant basmati rice with a symphony of aromatic spices. Elevate your rice dishes effortlessly, as each grain becomes a carrier of the vibrant flavors carefully packed into our precise spice blend.
- 2 cups of long grain basmati rice washed and drained
- 1 pack of Spicytude Rice Pilaf Spice Mix
- 3 ¾ cups of water
- 1/2 tsp salt or per your taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or any cooking oil you prefer
- 1 cup of chopped white onion
- 2 small slit green chillies
- 1 tsp of ghee (optional)
Step 1: Saute onion and spices
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil and add Spicytude Rice Pilaf Spice Mix.
- Let the spices sear for 5 seconds and then add onion, garlic and green chillies and sauté until onions are golden brown.
Step 2: Cook
- Add rice, water and salt to the pot and increase the heat.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the flame to medium and stir once. Wait until most of the water evaporates and the rice starts to look fluffy, then stir it one last time and cover the pot with a lid and cook on a low flame till done. Once the rice looks cooked and the water has fully evaporated, add ghee and turn off the heat.
- Cover the dish and let sit for a few minutes to further meld.
- Use a wide serving spoon to serve and be gentle so as not to break the rice.
- Serve this delicious spiced rice with any protein or vegetable.
Note: Please do not consume whole spices and green chillies as they are too strong in flavor. The recipe needs them to add the flavor and we should separate or discard them when eating.