Spiced Tomato and Mint Rice
4 to 6 Servings
Elevate your rice dishes with our Spiced Tomato and Mint Rice blend. Immerse yourself in the vibrant combination of sun-ripened tomatoes, fragrant mint, and a symphony of spices that transform ordinary rice into a culinary delight. Each mouthful is a journey through the diverse and savory flavors of Indian cuisine.
- 2 cups of long grain basmati rice washed and drained
- 3 tbsp of olive oil or any cooking oil you prefer
- 1 pack of Spicytude Rice Pilaf Spice Mix
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped mint
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes
- 2 small slit green chillies
- 1/2 tsp salt or per your taste
- 3 3/4 cups of water
- 1 tsp of ghee (optional)
Step 1: Saute onion and spices
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil and add Spicytude Rice Pilaf Spice Mix.
- Let the spices sear for 5 seconds and then add onion, garlic and sauté until they are golden brown. Add green chillies, tomato, mint and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Cook
- Wash the rice and strain it.
- Add rice, 3 ¾ cups of water and salt to the pot and increase the heat.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the flame to medium and stir once. Wait until most of the water evaporates and the rice starts to look fluffy, then stir it one last time and cover the pot with a lid and cook on a low flame till done. Once the rice looks cooked and the water evaporates, add ghee and turn off the flame.
- Cover the dish and let sit for a few minutes to further meld.
- Use a wide serving spoon to serve and be gentle so as not to break the rice.
- Serve this delicious tomato and mint rice with daal or as a side of carbs with any protein.
Note: Please do not consume whole spices and green chillies as they are too strong in flavor. The recipe needs them to add the flavor and we should separate or discard them when eating.