4 to 6 Servings
Experience the perfect fusion of health and flavor with our Spinach Rice blend. This unique combination of wholesome spinach and aromatic spices delivers a nutritious and delicious rice dish. Elevate your meals with the vibrant green hues and savory taste that make this blend a standout addition to your culinary repertoire.
- 2 cups of long grain basmati rice washed and drained
- 1 cup of finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt or per your taste
- 3 3/4 cups of water
- 1 pack of Spicytude Rice Pilaf Spice Mix
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil or any cooking oil you prefer
- 1 cup of chopped white onion
- 2 small green chillies slit
- 1 tsp of ghee (optional)
Step 1: Saute Onion and spices
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil and add Spicytude Rice Pilaf Spice Mix.
- Let the spices sear for 5 seconds and then add onion, garlic and sauté until they are golden brown. Add green chillies, spinach, mint cilantro and cook for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Cook
- Wash the rice and strain it.
- Add rice, 3 ¾ cups of water and salt to the pot and increase the heat.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the flame to medium and stir once. Wait until most of the water evaporates and the rice starts to look fluffy, then stir it one last time and cover the pot with a lid and cook on a low flame till done. Once the rice looks cooked and the water evaporates, add ghee and turn off the flame.
- Cover the dish and let sit for a few minutes to further meld.
- Use a wide serving spoon to serve and be gentle so as not to break the rice.
- Serve this delicious tomato and mint rice with daal or as a side of carbs with any protein.
Note: Please do not consume whole spices and green chillies as they are too strong in flavor. The recipe needs them to add the flavor and we should separate or discard them when eating.