Vegetable Tikka Masala
6 to 8 Servings
Indulge in the vegetarian delight of our Tikka Masala spice blend. Crafted with precision, this blend transforms perfectly grilled vegetables into a symphony of flavors. The rich and aromatic tikka masala sauce complements the vegetables, ensuring a harmonious balance that makes this dish a standout for spice enthusiasts. Let our precise spice blend be your key to a memorable dining experience.
- 1 cauliflower cut into one inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers any color,cut into one inch pieces
- 1 big potato cut into one inch pieces
- 6 stalks baby corn, sliced
- Spicytude Tikka Masala Spice Mix (numbered sachets)
- 1-Spice Mix to marinate protein
- 2-Spice Mix to cook onion and tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of any cooking oil
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (Substitute with non dairy plain yogurt for vegans)
- 2 tsp of garlic minced or crushed or paste
- 2 tsp of ginger minced or crushed or paste
- 1 cup of heavy cream (Substitute with non dairy heavy cream for vegans)
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 cups of finely chopped onion
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro to garnish
Pots and Pans
- 1 big pan to cook.
Step 1: Marinate and Saute Vegetables
- Mix together yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste and sachet 1. Spice Mix to marinate protein.
- Pour marinade over all vegetables except tomatoes, mix thoroughly and let marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the fridge if possible.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a heated pan over medium flame and add vegetables in batches to saute well. Cook vegetables for three minutes each side and set aside in a separate bowl.
Step 2: Cook Onion, Tomatoes and Vegetables
- Add two tablespoons of oil to the same heated pan and saute onion. Once the onion is golden brown add tomatoes, sugar and sachet 2. Spice Mix to flavor onion and tomatoes. Once the tomatoes are cooked well, blend everything into a smooth paste.
- Put the blended tomatoes in the same heated pan and then add the sauteed vegetables. Let cook for ten minutes on a medium flame, turn down the flame to low. Add cream and mix well. Cook for another three minutes and turn off the stove and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with your choice of rice or naan or any other bread.